Problems with eye health that many people overlook. The problem of “dry eyes” caused by the behavior of using the eyes including increasing age. What are the symptoms? and how to prevent dry eye syndrome We have information from Assoc. Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital Mahidol University
Dry Eye Disease Risk Factors
- 65 years old or older
- Females (at higher risk of dry eye than males)
- Staring at digital devices for long periods of time, such as computers, mobile phones, tablets, or reading for long periods of time. Less blinking
- wear contact lenses regularly and/or wearing contact lenses for a long time in a day
- side effects from chronic diseases and medications taken to treat underlying diseases such as autoimmune diseases, depression , diabetes or high blood pressure with taking diuretics
dry eye syndrome
- burning eyes discomfort
- eye irritation, feeling like there is a foreign object in the eye
- Ta La, feel like closing your eyes.
- Blurred vision, decreased ability to see
How to Prevent Dry Eye Disease
- Avoid using digital devices continuously for long periods of time.
- If digital devices need to be used for a long time. Take a break every 20 minutes. such as closing your eyes or looking away at an object 20 feet away, for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid hitting your eyes or being exposed to strong winds. Continuously, such as sleeping with the fan on or the air conditioner pouring on the eyes
- Avoid traveling or staying in very dry places for long periods of สมัคร ufabet time. or high air pollution
- Avoid unnecessary medication.
- blink more often blinking regularly
- Contact lenses should not be worn for more than 8 hours a day.
- Drink enough clean water, 6-8 glasses a day.
- get enough sleep